Sometimes Singapore has it's moments where it surprises me. Lovely walk along Changi with the parents and the hubby. The breeze and just hanging out with them took my mind to a wonderful carefree and happy place. If only my mind would stay in that happy place for good.
We have all these lil amazing finds that I'm always seeking abroad. But we have our nooks and crannies which can be equally breathtaking if only we let it. There are times where I really don't appreciate what I have. But today was one of those days I appreciated my family and all that I have very much. For them standing by me in tough times and happy times. I don't show my gratitude nearly enough.
The other day my other half sat me down and kind of made me realise why I was falling into a pit of unpleasant feelings. For the longest time all I knew was I was getting more and more unhappy and my mind just went through this maze of fogginess. And when it comes down to it, it was becoz I was lonely. Loneliness can really get to me sometimes and it surprises me takes me by my feet and tosses me through the air and just lands me in this harsh pile of poison ivy. Do you ever feel that way sometimes? And he reminded me that I have some control over the situation and I can either allow it to toss me wherever it wants me to or use my own strength to stop myself and land in a lovely cushioned silk pile of pillows. I forget that alot. I hope to remember that more.