So before I go off to sleep and forget what I did for yet another valentine's day. I wanna talk about this lovely day. Well work was hectic but brilliant because today I got a chance to learn so much and it got me so psyched and excited about work again. The challenges ahead for the team is truly amazing. Got my insides all juiced up and ready to go. Haven't felt like that in ages. I was dead inside for a while.
I was also kind of sad today was the last working day for one of the only new colleagues I really got along with. Love her wit, amazing dry humour, plus she's so easy going and general wants what I do too. It's hard to find people I click with. Anyway I tried to be in good spirits about it plus I was too busy to really mull over it too.
And the day ended sweetly. A sweet surprise from the joined forces of my dad and other half cooking a dinner from scratch for my mom & I. Salmon, mashed potatoes with onions, asparagus with portobello mushrooms and sausages and carrots wrapped in cabbage.
You know for the life of me I can't remember details of all the valentine's days I've enjoyed with the significant other but I remember acutely how I'd always longed to celebrate one good valentine's day with a partner one day. I'd go into long misery parties with myself always trying to console myself by giving gifts to frens and family during that day and doing everything possible to take my mind off it. To be honest, valentine's day isn't anything like it's hyped up to be. Just like new years day and so forth. It's only special coz you want it to be, coz you spend it with people you love to be with and you attach wonderful memories to it. It's a lovely excuse to shower someone you care about with happiness.
So I hope I remember this one a lil' better now that I've documented it. Night!