My mind is racing but the body is just lethargic. All cause of household chores really. Anyone realised how they never seem to end?
I truly detest household chores at times it drives me crazy particularly laundry. No matter how many darn loads I do I still have a ton more to do. Just when I think i'm done with the clothes I realised i forgot the bedsheets or more hubby clothes or some of mine.
I've always dreamed of a situation where I'd just be washed, scrubbed and bathed together with my clothes by a machine then dried and happy voila no laundry plus no additional need to shower, 2 birds with one stone sounds really good to me. So why isn't this option available to me? Argh.
The only time I actually enjoyed laundry was in the US with the dryer. Wash, dry and wear. It's truly a beautiful understanding. Unfortunately when i suggested buying a dryer I got a big ass glare. Sniffs. So back to hanging the damn clothes waiting for them to dry and then going on to another load.
So besides hating laundry I really hate ironing my clothes I try really hard to buy clothes that don't need to be ironed. however I've been lied to numerous times "wrinkle free". As the hubby says - it's not a lie they give you wrinkles for free! And for some reason the iron that I have ain't working with me so after vigorous ironing the hubby's shirts looks exactly when I started. And it's always only with the hubby's shirts. What's up with that?
Then I move on to dust. Have you realised dust never quite disappears? After the crazed cleaning of dust feeling very homely and accomplished, I turn my back and voila the freakin' layer of dust is back. Sometimes I think dust mocks me. *with an evil laff and says hmmph do you really think you get rid of me sucker?*
The only part of household chores I truly enjoy is spring cleaning. I love it. I think it calms the crazy obsessive compulsive anal part of me. Don't get me wrong I love a good mess which is the complete opposite of my parents who are neat freaks but not nearly as messy as the hubby. as far as I'm concerned I'm moderate (in comparison of those who surround me of coz).
So I love it during christmas or some other time when the mood strikes me to go through all our rubbish and throw away all the crap in our life to make wonderful beautiful spaces. While spring cleaning I'll always find something I completely forgot I even had or kept for some sort of sentimental value. This is the best part about spring cleaning for me like finding my old diaries reading through them my gawd it's crazy how my life has changed. Or finding the little noisemakers I used during a rugby match in JC to cheer our team on. Or my secondary school name tag. Primary school bus pass. I even found a huge box of letters between me and pen pals from different parts of the world. (I was really into pen pals at one time.) Then there was the collect every darned postcard you see and write to your schoolmates/classmates even though you see them all the time phase.
Spring cleaning is a perfect reminder service of all the wonderful knick knacks of memories I've tucked away deep in my mind. It's the only household chore I can speak fondly of. Once I've reminisced, I chuck what I can away and voila a perfect space is created for new memories like my shot glass collection from around the world.
Now if only I could think positively about the rest of my household chores. Argh.