ok here goes.
i have loads of random thoughts floating in my head and suddenly i'll think oh this is good stuff for my much neglected blog. but erm i seem to have forgotten most of them. someone close to me used to tell me i had the memory of a goldfish 3 secs or 6 secs something along those lines. *sticks out tongue*
so today is one of those crap saturdays that i had to work. and i fucking hate to work on weekends. coz the rest of the week is SO fucked up leave me to enjoy at least 2 full days of the week. but guess it was too much to ask for.
there's alot i'm frustrated with.
politics.
people.
the way things are carried out so stupidly not because of the utilitarian view for "the greater good" but simply for some selfish reason which seriously is so ridiculous i don't even know how to react anymore. I learnt about the theory of Utilitarianism from Charles Dickens 'Hard Times', it was a book I dreaded to read simply because it was part of the 9-10 books I had to for my A levels literature (yea bite me i did lit again). I didn't read most of my books. But this is one of the few I did read and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I read it more than once. The idea to do things for the greater good was again brought up in my [recently finished] Harry Potter (THE LAST FRIGGING BOOK) - yes i'm still devastated, no more Harry- Dumbledore's idea as well and I wonder why we can't use this theory in reality. Obviously many writers have caught on to it, why not in reality? Is our reality so grey, so blurred that we can't tell what's for the greater good anymore?
Perhaps we should take a small leaf from Communism where every man is equal as well, every theory has its shortcomings even utilitarianism as Dickens more than adequately pointed out as does Communism but have we become so disillusioned that we lost sight of basics?