In all honesty, I'm not ok.
Had a few people ask me whether I'm ok. No I'm not. I had the waterworks on so bad my eyes are both very swollen.
My strong, robust, ever optimistic, encouraging granny has taken a turn for the worst. She was discharged just the day before yesterday after almost 2 weeks of suffering from the drips and endless blood drawing and pricking of needles. She shouted, screamed, kicked, pushed and did everything within her power to stop them from hurting her. But we all knew it was for her own good so we swallowed back the tears and the hurt we all felt and let it go on. She kept crying out to be sent home.
Finally they sent her home and now, she can't eat or drink coz she either throws up or chokes. Coz she doesn't eat her sugar level fluctuates and she doesn't have enough energy to wake up or talk. All she does is sleep. She's in a state of semi-coma, asleep and alive. But soon she may enter a state of 'diabetic coma' and we may lose her soon. Apparently she suffered a mild stroke and that makes things even worse.
It's just too painful. I want to remember her as the strong, robust, optimistic, encouraging, always telling jokes granny. I just don't want her to suffer anymore but at the same time for selfish reasons I can't seem to let go.
Help me to find the courage to do so. Help her to hang on till my family from UK comes down.