So I was watching "Just Married" for the second time starring Ashton Kutcher & Brittany Murphy, thought the beginning was really funny, the ending was the usual soppy stuff. But the second time round, this line stood out and burned itself in my mind.
"You never see the hard days in a photo album...but those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next." - Just Married, the movie.
How easily the hardest moments in our lives never get enough recognition. How we struggled to pull ourselves through it to come out even stronger. It doesn't just apply to romantic relationships but everything really. Relationships with your parents, friends and even your own self growth. See yourself smiling and giving some crap pose and if you think through all the shit you went through before you could muster that smile or crap pose, its really amazing.
So last weekend was totally dedicated to my mommy. I finally visited my granny who's like...83? I think. There were times I couldn't bear to look at her cause this wasn't the granny I remembered. But she's healthy again for now, looks robust and healthy as can be. the only thing that breaks my heart is her memory, she'll forget within seconds what I just mentioned and ask the same thing within a short span of minutes. And that's painful. Ageing is a process we all have to go through but to see people you've known your whole life change before your very eyes is hard to stomach. But I'm glad that she's much better then previously. And I made an extra effort to spend time with my mommy. Just us, I'm usually too tired to go out. And for the first time, I had enough money to treat both parents to a decent meal during mother's day. Usually when I was younger I spent ages making a card, or making something, sometimes i'll starve juz to save for a small cake. But Mom's Day & Dad's Day was always one of those really impt days for me. Don't get me wrong, I try to show my affection everyday but the way I show affection is really understated. But its a day I get to be aboveboard, and show appreciation.
So I took them to Parkway Thai @ Centrepoint and The Mango Tree @ East Coast. I loved both places. Never been there before but my parents loved it too. I'd always wanted to go to The Mango Tree mostly cause its a Malayalee restaurant. And its really hard to find authentic malayalee stuff nowadays I feel that the other kinds of indians are juz making us fade away. I love my culture though I'm still learning more everyday, I'm extremely proud of it. I hope to share this with more people who will be able to show the same interest and respect for it. =)
Oh and I finally checked out Giraffe (opp istana) with my colleagues, cool place. We got the shitty seats though. If you get the awesome seats with the great view, it'll probably be way better.
Quick reviews:
Eragon - not bad
Happily Never After - Ugh dun bother. lots of smart ass humour but the story line was extremely weak.