Ok so my former roomie, introduced this song to me (have to give credit where its due)
You said you don't know meAnd you don't even careOh yeah you said you don't know meAnd you don't wear my chainsOh yeahShe said I think I'll go to BostonThink I'll start a new lifeI think I'll start it overWhere no one knows my nameI'll get out of CaliforniaI'm tired of the weatherThink I'll get a loverAnd fly him out to SpainI think I'll go to BostonI Think that I'm just tiredI Think I need a new townTo leave this all behindI Think I need a sunriseI'm tired of a sunsetI hear it's nice in the summerSome snow would be nice- Boston by Augustana
Lovely song. Brought back many memories. Mostly of Boston.
Being alone there for a short time, made me realise alot of things I think I wouldn't have realised otherwise.
A lot of times, I know alot of us, myself included just want something else. A chance to start afresh. Far away. For the longest time all I wanted was to go somewhere far away from it all. Just so tired. Tired of the day to day routine. Tired of the same ol' things. Tired of the weather. Sometimes even tired of the people. Just physically and mentally tired. I have visions of lazing around in the Carribbean frolicking around absolutely carefree. But realistically, just how far can we run? At the end are we just running away from our own thoughts? Which no one can help us with, neither can distance really. But it helps elevate it at times.
Recently I sent my friend off ( feel terrible that I didn't get to spend much time with her, time just flashed past and just like that she's back in manchester) and I decided to wander around terminal 2. I just walked right till the end looking at it from a completely new angle. And when I reached the end I remembered in 2005 I was there checking in, full of anticipation and excitement as I went to US. With people whom I don't even talk to anymore. Its terribly sad, coz we shared some decent memories. Its funny, life just seemed to have whizzed past me. I almost wish I could grab the time back and cling on to my memories and live those memories again.
Sometimes its just hard to let go.
I just watched ep 8 of season 4's OC so yea, there was a whole part about dealing with death, grieving and letting go. Letting go is really hard isn't it? It could be people, or just all these ambitions/goals/hopes/dreams things you thought would be easy peasy or in theory its feasible when in reality you're really a far cry away from it all. Life sure does have its classic moments, almost like its laughing at you.
Anyway, I recently caught Blood Diamond. I got to tell you DiCaprio is turning out to be class A actor. I usually reserve that for say Jack Nicolson or Robert DeNiro. But I'm telling you this young thang has come a long way. The only shitty part is why the fuck is the ending the same as departed. Well a certain portion of it. fuck la. But damn good movie. Conflict diamonds. Who would've known?
Ok now I'm officially bored before I launch into my next hectic week. Ta.