Ok so I managed to catch
"Singapore Dreaming" and
"RV".RV looked cool cause of Robin Williams. BOY did it suck really bad. Wasn't even funny.
Singapore Dreaming was just cause of Colin Goh. Whom I think is a brilliant columnist. But the movie wasn't really my cuppa. At times I wanted to switch the channel so badly till I remembered I was watching a dvd and that wasn't really feasible. I much preferred the featurettes where everything was explained. Maybe for me it was just too implicit. Or perhaps too painfully realistic. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet.
So I've been gorging myself on Grey's Anatomy and Prison Break courtesy of a friend of mine who dropped by to pass me the latest eps. (Pardon moi I've been dying due to inane cramps and all I can do is watch tv etc)
So Prison Break has got a new twist with Agent Kellerman where my jaw literally dropped. I mean WTF man. This is never gonna bloody end.
Never mind that, Grey's Anatomy is like my plug for the hole SATC left me. Providing my dose of a 'thinkathon' and just general brooding.
The latest one I watched where Cristina (pic below) starts off (which she usually doesn't narrate as far as I remember)
CRISTINA: [narrating] "In some ways, betrayal is inevitable. When our bodies betray us, surgery is often the key to recovery. When we betray each other, the path to recovery is less clear. We do whatever it takes to rebuild the trust that was lost. And then there are some wounds, some betrayals... that are so deep, so profound that there is no way to repair what was lost. And when that happens, there's nothing left to do but wait."Betrayal is such an amazing topic. Don't ya think? Its not amazing that way but amazing how people can turn on you like that. I recently went to check out Friendster coz someone sent me a message and I saw these updated pictures from an acquaintance. The person used to be a friend but we drifted. And the pictures were rather shocking to me cause the person was posing rather intimately with someone whom I believed betrayed someone else the person was very close to. That to me is just unacceptable. Ok I don't know either side of the story, its just what I see and what I deduce. I just sat there in shock. I think this someone else, whom I happen to know is a very very strong person. I say chin up!
I've come to realise over the years that its the people who are closest and dearest to you that cause you the most pain. These are the people you trust with your deepest and darkest. Your weaknesses. Should they wish they can use it against you. Most of the time you trust that they won't. But what in the human psyche makes them do so anyway? What makes a person hurt the person closest to them? Jealousy? Envy? Resentment? How do those feelings come about anyway? A lack of miscommunication?
So many people have betrayed me in ways I've never imagined. The wounds are still there. Some after a decade maybe even 2 decades, are still raw and just as painful as the day they were inflicted. Some are long forgotten. Some may have healed but the fury is still deep-seated.
I stopped trusting and believing in people for a while and then I started again. With that comes the risk of being hurt, betrayed and so forth all over again. Sometimes I wonder am I a tad sadistic? Have I not learnt my lesson? Why do I fall for people's bullshit all the time? Why do I care?
Guess a part of me is still a big ol' softie.
Here's Meredith's (pic below) answer to why we continue to do it.
MEREDITH: [narrating] "At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need."To everyone out there who's been betrayed, hang in there mate. Its probably gonna happen again. But hang in there and try not to be too jaded. Till then, get addicted to Grey's Anatomy with me. :) Its a whole buncha cuties, who's with me?