oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life- Summer of 69, Bryan Adams
I enjoy being nostalgic alot looking back to the past and reminiscing. Sometimes we don't appreciate moments as much as we do by looking back in the past.
I miss the summer in the united states with my roommates/classmates. I never thought we'd bond as much. I miss the carefree days. Doing the damn laundry and drying them at 2am and then getting freaked out by bloody "other side" stories. I miss going over to another rooms and hanging out. I miss the cooking and inviting others to our room/house. I miss standing outside having a good chat with the fresh cool air against your face and looking at the gorgeous full moon. I miss the trips to wal-mart and buying the whole damn world and each of us trying to finish all the stuff we filled up our fridge with. I miss the damn frozen dinners which cost about 89 US cents.
I miss the exams, the assignments. The times where your only priority was to get that degree. To pass every exam to the best of your ability and fulfill that paper chase.
I miss the whining n bitching about lecturers and tedious classes/projects/presentations/assignments/exams.
I miss going to junior college late and the whole of lot of us bonding even though we don't know each other just to hide from the discipline teacher.
I miss so much of my life. I love every moment. Good & bad. Each horrid moment in my past I am thankful for coz it has given me so much to go on with my future.
The present and future holds much promise but the past is always a journey I love to take and immerse myself in it. It seems so different when you know its over.
Anyway I digress, Bryan Adams always does this to me.
I attended my first friend's wedding yesterday at orchard parade. I never realised orchard parade was so classy and the dinner was by tung lok man. it was good catching up with old acquaintances but at the same time i realised we've all drifted and moved apart. each finding themselves on a different part of life's journey where it no longer meets and struggling to keep the awkwardness out of the conversation. we tried our best but we all knew it would never be the same. i'm glad for my friend. it was good. he seemed deliriously happy haha. its all good. =)
but we all know what they say...
marriage is a sentence. a life sentence. HAHA. Good luck buddy.
Next up, I came up with a wishlist sometime back in my head of course when my self-esteem suffered a beating. I'm not too sure what caused it to be beaten so badly. It seems a lil pathetic now when I look back.
1. I wish I had unlimited financial resources or at least more than enough to never have to worry about fulfilling my responsibilities and enjoying myself.
2. I wish I had an older brother to take care of everything and be taken care of.
3. I wish I had lovely straight hair which maintained itself
4. I wish my tummy wouldn't expand like I was bloody 5 mths preggie and the fats would re-direct themselves to my boobs or simply find their way out of my body
5. I wish I was intelligent so intelligent that others would be willing to pay for my education
6. I wish I had the ability to have universal humour so that I could put strangers at ease when I speak to them instead of putting my foot in my mouth and digging my own grave.
7. I wish I was pretty so that things just get done by themselves just by a look.
But at the end of the day I wouldn't change anything. Being an only child has given me much more den it has taken away from me. N don't say only children are spoilt coz u obviously don't know jack shit. we're all our parents had when we were young n we still are all our parents have when they are older, fall ill and all that. In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer that's what families are all about man. And being inadept at alot of things makes me humbled and more open to things.
So it's all good but you can't stop a girl from having a growing wishlist now can ya ;)