1. I wanna watch THE DEPARTED really badly. Does anyone wanna watch with me?
2. Dun ask me what I'm doing now I'm not interested in sharing with anyone.
3. I seem to have this averse reaction to socializing in settings meant for socializing. Such as parties or gatherings that my parents drag me along too. All the men sit together and talk loudly and laugh loudly. I don't get head or tail of it. All the women sit together and gossip with such an intensity it stuns me. Especially since topics range from waxing their underarms, where to get the best wax, who is seeing who, their sofa sets and what not. Then of course you have all the kids dumped together. The various ages, various wavelengths of people who simply have nothing to say to each other and you're there struggling to squeeze some small talk from yourself. Its absolutely awful.
The question is am I alone in this or does everyone else enjoy mingling and making ludicrous small talk with complete and utter strangers. Some people seem to take to this like fish to water like my dad. But damn that gene seems to evaded me completely. It makes me wonder am I social outcast? Is there something wrong with me? The extreme discomfort is very disconcerting. I'd rather be at home stoning, sleeping or being bored. But at least I'd be in my comfort zone.
Sigh.