As usual, what do I do when I'm bored and need a time filler?
Watch movies that's what.
So I got this one-for-one deal at Cathay which I've been trying to bloody get rid of but they keep giving me more with every ticket I buy.
WTF man.
Sadly its only valid from Mon- Thurs before 6pm.
But the good thing was I got to watch Miami Vice for $3.50.

I have to say this movie was a total fuckin let down.
Please someone else watch it and let me know whether its just me n my friend or does the movie truly stink.
1. Jamie Foxx & Colin Farrell seemed to speaking in some strange jibberish peppered with numbers like "yea you know the 470"
I'm sorry I ain't familiar with jibberish.
2. The ending was pretty fucked up
3. It was very gruesome. I'm not into gruesome movies unless they have some sort of a plot. I wasn't a very big fan of ScarFace but ScarFace gruesomeness or even Kill Bill's gruesomeness MADE SENSE and wasn't completely moronic in my opinion. This one seems its juz gruesome for the sake of it. No artistic license whatsoever.
4. Though Gong Li looked damn hot, the english was a bit off. But the sad thing was I understood her better than I understood the two American cops.
5. Plus can someone tell me whether Gong Li's character's name was mentioned anywhere in the movie besides the end? Coz my friend n me sure got a shock when we realised that was her name. We either missed it while concentrating so hard on deciphering what they said or they didn't mention it and we were magically supposed to figure it out at the end.
MR COLIN I am quite sad. U usually do better.
Now I managed to rent to friggin fantastic movies.

This is the most awesome movie. Seriously. I kid you not.
Based on a true story, Charlize Theron gave a bloody damn good performance.
Its about the FIRST class-action law suit against sexual harrassment.
The real lady, Ms Lois Jensen, I tell you is BLOODY BRAVE.
I have no idea how woman tolerated that kinda bullshit in the past.
BUT damn they really helped pave the way for us.
Kudos to North Country for bringing out the story in such a great n compelling manner.
Class action basically means, a group of people against say one thing/company etc.
This movie, Good night & Good luck, starring George Clooney n directed by him

started out in a boring way, but after a while it got really compelling to see journalists put their jobs and everything on the line. this actually happened too, if i'm not wrong. fuckin awesome i tell you. it was about this senator who kept accusing ppl of being communists without giving them trial or anything. n they were tried based on HEARSAY. its awful. almost like the crucible, where ppl were hung when someone just said they were a witch.
Journalists at that time in the 1950s were terrified to question the govt, but this guy went ahead to do it. and damn it was good.
Thank goodness there are still good movies around.