Well that's the end of my 22nd b'dae ladies & gents. Let me give u a lil recap of my 21st b'dae.
1. I was in Oklahoma City, USA. Away from Sg for the 1st time w/o my parents. Away on my b'dae the first time away from my parents. We have a long standing tradition of having a family birthday dinner. So I missed that dearly. I missed my parents very very much so there.
2. I had a surprise b'dae party there. On the 30th we were scheduled to go shopping in Dallas, Texas, USA. Factory outlets are dirt cheap there. So I was told we had to get up earlier for a briefing. Wasn't uncommon, we had loads of briefings. I grumbled got up early got my sorry ass there and was greeted with a cake with awesome deco, wine,champagne and all 3 Singapore classes of about 60 students plus all the admin ppl. But it was mostly ppl I had no clue who they were wishing me Happy B'dae. Dun get the wrong end of the stick I was very surprised and very happy that our international affairs director had bothered. Cos I had really wanted sth small with ppl close to me not sth big with ppl I didn't really know. The day b4 my roomies got me a birthday girl sash (pink the colour I least like) and we had our own lil thing, I got to carve the whole roasted chicken (in place of the cake which i got the next day). All of which was very lovely and I truly appreciated.

I'll call this my 21st memorabilia.
3. I was quite upset coz in Dallas, Texas one of my friends wasn't very happy with me for a reason which I won't disclose. And this resulted in me walking around the whole place, shopping on my own on my 21st birthday with tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't have a handphone so I couldn't call my mom. I wasn't close to anyone there really. And it really is the pits to be alone very very alone in a foreign country on ur 21st birthday. Total shitty feeling which I can never ever forget. Its ingrained in me.
This made me realise one thing, it dun matter how many happy b'daes i got (i dunno 40-odd ppl wished me) i only wanted a hug from my mommy. wishes from ppl i know n care abt in singapore. i didn't get any wishes coz my phone was back home, it was only dualband n that didn't work in the USA.
So this year I really wasn't expecting anything. Kinda given up on b'daes. n dat says alot coz 2 impt days are my b'dae & x'mas.
22nd birthday 2006
1. My friend told me she broke up with her cheating bf, so of course I freaked and she said she was coming down. A tad suspicious the timing very close to midnight. So I was like ok. I went downstairs and she covers my eyes, brings me to this sweet cake and tells me to make a wish and takes pictures of me. I'm truly truly touched Chan! I really really am. Now everyone has to give it up for this girl coz she has been forgetting my b'daes a number of times but I tell you she really made it up. Planned it for a while apparently.
So a very very BIG THANKEW TO CHAN!!!!2. I have a sweetheart who came down all the way from KL to wish me Happy Birthday and went back all the way to KL again. So...Yay! Thankewwww3. Thankew to Mommy for the SK ring & my giordano pants and everything else she's done for me which is alot!4. Thankew to Jibby for calling to wish me & elisa & weiying for wishing me!5. To everyone who didn't wish me,I remember your names. Unlike previous years I'm not gonna be angry or anything like that coz it dun matter anymore. But I am disappointed.