Ok I have a number of things to say.
First things first.
My April issue is out! Finally. After all that toiling and sweat.
I had to cover these events the links lead to the articles I wrote while being editor and managing everything else! : -
TEC- part of PMO, so I got to go to Crowne Hotel (the 24 hr swenson's one)
http://www.ps21.gov.sg/challenge/2006_04/innovation/innovation.htmlSPF - got to be a VIP at the Police force event, this was a FRIGGIN awesome experience.
Coz I got to usurp my boss (not the director la the smaller boss) his expression was priceless!
http://www.ps21.gov.sg/challenge/2006_04/service/service.htmlI'm very proud of all my hard work even though the director refused to acknowledge me in the issue itself, everyone else knows that well its all my work. I learnt alot in that job. I admit I miss the comfort, the ppl, the ease of doing that job coz I knew it as well as the back of my hand but I have to bid adieu to it.
2. I know a number of my friends will soon be heading out into the working world. Granted I myself am still new to this experience. I understand that its kinda scary, hell I still wanna go back to my past n bury myself like an ostrich into being a student. And I know I probably dun make this easier by sharing my experiences, but guys dun worry. I'm sure u will find sth that suits u to a T, you juz gotta be patient and give it time. All good things will come in good time, alritey?
I haven't had the best experiences in the working world, namely coz I'm a bloody perfectionist. Nothing is ever good enough. It can always be better and I do NOT handle stress from the working world well, at all. Its a whole new ball game. With new rules & so forth. I thought I knew but I'm learning more and more that I really don't know. I have erase everything that I thought I knew and re-learn.
Now I'm learning new stuff such as a male colleague of mine had morning sickness while his wife was pregnant, another male colleague forgot to wear long sleeves while his wife was in labour n he kena blue black
(which i find hilarious, not the kinda thing I'm used to talkin abt with my friends but I haven't seen/ talked to my own friends in ages so I'm trying to get used to hanging out with ppl in their late 30s/40s) What I'm trying to say is to each his own, and dun think that you'll have a tough time adjusting to the working world. Some adjust really fast n easily. So u go girls/guys!
3. I think I'm getting too engrossed with the elections
A friend of mine called me yesterday. I was asleep so I woke up to pick up the phone.
The ALLEGED conversation went like this
me: He's standing for elections
friend: huh
me: He's standing for elections man
friend: eh ...
me: He's standing for elections
friend: *awaits punchline of some sort*
me: *on repetition mode* He's standing for elections
friend: ok mel u back to sleep k, i think u dunno what ur talkin about
me: I know k! He's standing for elections
..........................
I SWEAR I DUN RECALL THIS CONVO at all!
SO moral of the story, dun bloody talk to me when I'm sleepy & dun watch the news b4 u sleep.
Its like I'm drunk or sth.
How embarrassing.
But its still really funny..hee hee...
& lastly I WANNA TALK TO MY FRIEND IN CANADA! woman where the hell are u???
dammit contact me!