I'll begin with a lighthearted topic.
Keeping Mum definitely a good movie. Thumbs up!
Pretty decent movies invading our theatres recently.
The absolutely wonderful Brit humour.
If anyone watches "Green Wing" another really good Brit comedy you'd have an inkling of what I'm talking about. Of coz the Brits sense of humour is not slapstick or more accepted as compared to its American counterpart but I'd say appreciation for Brit humor is probably more enjoyable juz coz of the wit that goes into it.
Surprising turn of events and definitely not one of those movies you go into knowing exactly what's goin to happen & when.
What can I say? I love Rowan Atkinson.
If anyone got a chance to catch his stand-up comedy, I say you go man!
On another note, MM's dialogue with journalists has been a pretty big header.
I finally managed to catch the re-run.
Dr Vivian, responded that what the younger generation wants may not necessarily what the party has been giving us. My fav minister btw (ACSIAN woo! My other fav is Indranee Rajah---ABSOLUTELY brilliant female minister!) , I think an appropriate response. Instead of saying we're an amazing party, say we acknowledge more can be done. (more can always be done, its never enough sadly)
Its true. My opinions do reflect alot of those mentioned during the dialogue.
However, I disagree or perhaps do I dare say disapprove of how certain things were handled during the dialogue.
Such as cutting off people while they were speaking mid-way.
Does no one else see that this itself could be taken as a sign of arrogance?
Being politically apathetic. A issue close to me.
Another issue, that we are severely lacking in choices.
But I say this is a growing problem around the world.
Look at the elections held in the states. Ppl are so quick to condemn Bush, myself included.
But look at the opposition. Kerry was a decent opponent.
Would I vote for him?
No.
His charisma, manner and so forth paled in comparison to Bush's vigour during the very critical Presidential debates.
In order to have choice we need to have WORTHY opponents.
Same goes for Thaksin.
Sure lots of opposition.
But the key qns being Do we have a strong/feasible alternative?
As MM says aptly (paraphrased of coz), its not enough to just offer criticism.
We have to have an alternative in the face of criticism.
And that my friends is not easy.
I can criticize easily.
Hell its pretty much my full-time job.
But offering alternatives.
Its whole other ball-game.
I dun agree with alot of thing's with our govt or how we handle things.
But I say we're doing a fine job all things considered.
And there's LOTS of room for improvement.
Never rest on your laurels.
5 mths of being civil service may have brainwashed me (some may conclude) but I say I see things more clearly now.