I'm really glad I got some time to catch up with my friend who popped over from Perth.
Thanks so much for the earrings from Arizona.Love 'em!Interestingly I bumped into 2 ppl in town yesterday sth I stopped experiencing for a really long time. I was startin to wonder where all my friends went.
I mean Singapore is after all a teensy weensy place I must be really sad if I haven't bumped into anyone for more den a year year, rite?
Well the ego was slightly redeemed yesterday.
Let's a give a round of a applause for that.
4 ppl out of 18 in my dept have resigned.
I take it as a sign that well it ain't that great as it sounds.
Which is true ppl here say it sounds hella glamourous.
It ain't my buddy it never is.
On a very positive note I say congrats to 2 friends in the states (a7x's frends actually)
who have got good jobs in boston & iowa respectively. YAYYYYYY!!
See all that waiting has benefitted them greatly, now all we have to do is convince them to get their sorry asses over to sunny ol' Singapore!
Its a great feat considering they aren't US citizens or anything like that.
But I have to say its kinda disconcerting knowing ppl as friends as
the cuckoo idiots that they are.
Joking about absolute nonsense, being unable to wake up to see the light of day etc etc and after that they tell you hey I'm a gyne at SGH or investment banker or pediatrician in KKH or have their own company, working in Citibank, SP Services etc etc.
I simply find this hard to digest.
I still find it hard to remember that my friends have this "Dr" title in front of their name.
We've come really far in life.
Amazing isn't it?
Who would've thought time would pass by so fast and dump us in the misery of being an adult.
A full fledged adult with responsiblities about your family matters, your own matters relating to work, personal matters, social matters etc?
I was watchin Grey's Anatomy and Dr Grey was questioning this.
I have to say I agree totally and completely.
As a kid I looked up to my older cousins always wanting to have more independence and thus more responsibility now that I do, I wish I could give it all away to simply eat, cry and sleep.
Life was so much simpler then, why did I never stop to smell the roses?
Why?
Its too late now, life's on this never ending roller coaster ride you never know when you going up or down but rest assured you'll be screaming to let you off the damn ride but no one hears and you either suck it up and enjoy it or feel miserable the entire time.
Oh well.