I was online a few days back an someone asked me
"are you conservative?"My first instinct was to laugh I mean seriously, what kinda question is that?
But that I really thought about it.Of course I'm hardly a conservative in the political sense,thus I oppose, Bush's, Blairs & John Howard's leadership and manymore for that matter. I do however, respect Blair as a person more than the other two. He tackled dissent head on rather than the hemming-hawing way that Bush & Howard did so.
Anyway So i'm a liberal, democrat in the political sense. Well for most matters anyway.But what truly makes a person "conservative"?
Personally I equate
conservative = Amish.For those who are unaware these people mostly live in the states I believe, and don't believe in using electricity etc. They still use buggies to commute and cover themselves up extensively in terms of clothing.
But does merely dressing conservatively make u conservative?Or is it a whole lot more? What about ideals, morals and your basic attitude?
I think I have more conservative in me than I perhaps realise.
I believe very strongly in filial piety.
I do believe thats a very Asian & conservative idea.
Even if you have a few conservative ideas or opinions, does that make you a conservative?
Or do you have to be wholly liberal?
Being monogamous is that a conservative idea? To some it probably is.To others its the "norm" neither conservative or liberal.
But as we continue to evolve what used to be considered conservative becomes liberal and then followed by the norm.
Is it not true?
Does being a communist mean you're a conservative person?Does not conforming to Western ideals mean you're a conservative person?
What has this word evolved to?
So the question remains am i conservative?
honestly, i don't think there's anything wrong with having a communist regime especially since that seems to provide more stability as compared to someone else intervening.I also hold certain Asian ideals close to me.
hmmm....