As the days go by, I start to compare and contrast alot with what I have experienced not just in the states but in various other countries as well. (compare & contrast hmmm dat sounds like a lit essay qns...DAMMIT)
Anyway, I read recently in a blog what I what to write about. I've been complaining to anyone who would basically offer me a listening ear at how atrocious Singapore's customer service is.
How can we better it? Really our society lacks graciousness, courtesy and just plain ol' basic manners.
I'm always astounded when my foreign friends come over and say
"Singapore is just splendid!"my response:
which part of Singapore have u been to? the never never land area? er.. like in your HEAD?1.
I hate it when you step into a store and the sales assistant/ manager etc follows you around. Dammit woman (or man) I'm not gonna bloody steal anything under your beady lil' eyes neither will I steal anything your pathetic shop. I may have wanted to buy something but with your amazing radar to SHOO customers AWAY instead of attracting them may have something to do with the fact that I have left the vicinity so damn early.
Now every shop I went to in the states, not one of them had a sales person followed me like
mr or miss tag-along. I have never experienced that honestly in any other country either. So what the fuck is wrong with Singapore? Dammit they even follow me when I'm in fuckin NTUC. I'm NOT stealing a pack of tissues for gawd's sake leave me the hell alone, use your damn cameras they are all over the place aren't they?
2.
grump de la grump. You know the perpetual grumpy face. Or rude ppl who are SUPPOSED TO BE SERVING CUSTOMERS. Now i know singapore customers are a fuckin pain in the ass I've heard stories from my frens workin as CSOs. but man not everyone is like that. I'm nice to you, you're nice to me. End of story.
In the states they always have a big smile for you when u enter & leave the store even if u don't buy anything. you're made to feel like a human being.
in singapore i entered this store
manza i believe in citilink this gal was standing there "thank u for comin" for everyone that left like a zombie. I swear if she didn't blink I would have thought she came str8 outta
Irobots or something.
The lack in "oomph" the lack in sincerity is the most blatant thing. In the states, they make u feel like ur their only customer n that u really matter n not just to rake in the bucks. its a totally diff experience. it makes u wanna spend baby. now that's what i call good marketing strategy. in singapore its SO obvious u want the end profit u might as well wear a
neon sign saying
I WANT YOUR MONEY.
3.
unethical cab shit. now this is international. i got ripped off by a newark cab driver in new jersey. i was only supposed to pay 10 bucks according to my fren but i had to pay 20 not including the damn tips.
Now i must grip about one thing.
WHY THE hell can't the tips be included?? in the states i meanits so damn troublesome to count 15% of everything. My math sucks dammit leave my brain alone. Even while shoppin u take the out the exact amt of money and the price shoots up why? sales tax. abt 8.25% ard there depending on the state your in. and unlike singapore you can't claim your sales tax coz its state by state not a federal thing. how lame is that? but the good thing is unlike singapore where ur forced to pay service tax for well....NO SERVICE or SHIT service. dats a good thing. its a bad thing when someone is so nice to u, u can't help but give alot of tips and later figure out hell i kinda need that money now.
back to the
unethical cab shit. my frens & i were waiting for a cab at suntec. long friggin queue & there are no cabs in sight
i mean u see a whole stretch of blue lighted cabs but they are juz parked n sitting around the corner. so ppl start callin to book cabs and suddenly u see these cabs swinging over. juz for the measly 3 bucks? there was this tourist behind askin a singaporean wat was going on. i mean HOW EMBARRASSING. singapore wants to be a tourist hub?
more like ketok everyone including your own kind like new york kinda hub. ( loosely meaning cheat)
ok i'm lazy to vent more..too be continued...