There is nothing I can doFor you are next to no oneYou will release your lifeJoining with the goddamned worldOf the dead and the lonelyYou'll never leave aliveNow do you think you're too damn goodFor the killing kind--Breathe By Disturbed--
Love this song.
Don't think you're too damn high and mighty.
You never know when you might be pushed to the limits to do sumthing you thot you'd never ever do. After all there's no such thing as "never ever"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up and missed a couple of calls.
Called the person back who wanted my I/C number, for some reason it ends with a Z.
A very interesting letter I might add. Personally I quite like the letter.
Now something I find a tad annoying, the difference in pronunciation.
I've pronounced it "Zee" for as long as I know.
Only much later on did I realise some people or most people pronounce it as "Zach"
I dun get it.
Here I was half groggy, and tellin the person ZEE, ZEE for ZEBRA
and that person goes "huh? G G?"
Hello?!! ZEBRA!!
Finally after gawd knows how long the nut goes "OOHHH ZACH AH"
Zach ur na bei head. Zach is a guy's name.
I even said ZEE for ZEBRA or ZIMBABWE.
I know potayto potahto yada yada.
But c'me on.
Zee is the way to say it. Zach? *rolls eyes*
Is that British way of saying it or something?
Ludicrous. Deaf idiot spoiling my day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, a very interesting qns my friend posed me today,
Is your home an asset or a liability?Food for thought isn't it?
For many would say asset. But really it isn't. Its more of a liability.
I was talking to a couple of friends trying to get his down, considering my econs is an absolute mess. This was a huge feat for me.
Then I realised something, the definitions of "asset" and "liability" are incredibly vital as in any debate.
In economic terms as a friend of mine mentioned, a home is an asset and a mortgage is a liability.
One mentioned simply an asset is money coming to you and liability is money leaving you.
In the dictionary which I use and trust, it says
"asset" : is a useful or valuable quality, or a plus (basically a positive)while a "liability" :is either a) the state of being legally obliged and responsibleb) an obligation to pay money to another partyc) the quality of being something that holds you backI believe our home is a liability as it causes much dispute during divorce cases, deaths etc. Probably even before divorces and deaths occur causing some major hoohaa. And it really depends on whose name the house is in and so forth. Of coz why I believe its a liability has not much to do with the economics of it as opposed to the gut feeling that its more of a negative as it causes misunderstandings and juz sets the stage for future problems. It doesn't really belong to you, as meera mentions in her comments. Nothing really does especially in our lil sunny island.
My fren also mentioned that an estate (which you rent to others) is an asset as you have money coming to you and your home money leaves you through mortgage, bills, insurance etc.
So really what exactly are our assets?
Do we really have any?
Can we consider our shoes, bags, absolute nonsense we buy during shopping as assets?
Or are the relationships we form with people our real assets?
The material or the intangibles?
Perhaps they are all our assets.
Or perhaps they are all our liabilities, since we will one day lose everything after all.