Well, well another week has passed my big fat arse by with nothing in particular being accomplished except the fact that paranoia and panic is slowly setting in as I realise certain dates (like my exam) are coming nearer and I have yet to sit my ass down to prepare for this.
Anyway, I've got a ton of thoughts whizzing about in my poor lil' head none of them worthy enough to let people read. Then I realised some people do not know the story of my beloved middle name.
A long long time ago, way before Bethelehem was even discovered...
I KID I KID!

That's right my beautiful middle name is Anne.
Now some of you might recall I didn't have this name when I was younger.
Yup your right on the money.
Parents decided to name me melissa including my Godmother and all; was supposed to be michelle or sth (we all know how ppl with that name turn out) so thank goodness; melissa was decided on instead. It means honeybee or honey in greek mythology if i'm not wrong. Something to do with nymphs and what not. Sometimes they say it means hardworking. *dubious look* but hey whatever makes ya happy. Doesn't particularly concern me.
As some of you might know, I'm catholic.
So as catholics we gotta go thru a number of rituals, starting with BAPTISM when the parents decide your a child of God. den we get HOLY COMMUNION where the older people decide that we are old enough to receive christ, its this white round thing we're supposed to swallow every mass also known as the eucharist.
So den we have the CONFIRMATION.
when we finally get a brain of our own and decide that we 'confirm, chop chop' wanna be catholics kinda thing. during which we get to choose another name if our parents haven't already given us a second name. Now this process was pretty much hell for me.
Firstly, I realised everyone in my family, extended and immediate alike have names from
saints. (saints are normal ppl who have sacrificed alot and alot of miracles happened with them so the pope etc decides to name them as saints, its more complicated than that but its as simple as i can explain it)
I went through names like St. Catherine whose feast day is the same as my bdae.
Unfortunately Melissa Catherine was a bit much and sounded off.
Followed by Melissa Colette which I really liked but I dunno sumthing wasn't quite right.
Finally i came across
St. Anne.
(
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01538a.htm for more info)
The mother of Mary (christ's mother)
She was known as a very gracious and loving mother.
Plus Melissa Anne sounded great.
Its with great though that I chose this name and all the more reason why I love the name very dearly. Not many choose to call me anne, a lil sad tho, most ppl know me as mel.
By the way its pronounced ANN not ANNIE. Dun be a complete doofus.
And though this name was pretty much sealed by the roman catholic church when I was 14, I only legalized it much later. Coz the legal procedures are a nuisance.
Also for some strange ass reason, alot of ppl in my family got their beautiful names fucked up real bad by the I/C or Birth Cert ppl, I figure they muz be real hella deaf.
My granny's name
Rachel --> RAEHAL wonderfully intelligent ppl.
My mom's name lagi worse
Teresa --> DRESHE.
er...HELLO? DIG UR DAMN EARS PPL.
Also our surnames come at the BACK.
but NOOOO they insisted that since the majority in the country have their surnames in front we should too. Bloody ninnies. Alot of us had to spend money on legal fees getting the damn name right. If I can track those deaf ninnies down, I'll shoot their bloody brains out. Giving us additional trouble. Hmmph.
Anyway, all has since been put right with my bootiful name, I'm damn proud of it.
So piss off if u can't get it right ask, dun massacre it.