L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you can adore
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you
--LOVE by Nat King ColeThe very last line is what got me hooked. The song that was played so many times in Audrey Tautou's "A la folie...pas du tout" also known as "He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not"
No I'm not one of those ppl who love ballads and stuff but this stuck in my mind simply coz it was so different, not a story of love but of skewed obsession and perspective. Beautiful song, with the jazzy touch.
Anyway, I watched "
Comme Une Image" of late, it means "
Look At Me" in English.
Not that wonderful, alot of very good themes but simply not developed enough.
But I guess it did its job in terms of reminding me of the past and the present, of how sometimes your physical appearance does you in. Or how you kick yourself everyday wondering why you didn't look like someone you saw on the streets. I don't think magazines affect us as much (dats juz kinda silly) but more of the people we are surrounded by everyday.
If we are continuously surrounded by what we perceive as beautiful people, we fail to see the beauty in ourselves. That sounds much more accurate to me as compared to people looking at magazines and feeling all depressed coz they can't look as airbrushed as that person, I say get a grip.
At the end
Green Day puts it best from the
Boulevard of Broken Dreams,
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me'
Til then I walk alone
Oh before I forget my gorgeous, to die for shoes, which for the first time I fiddled around with photoshop and didn't end up yelling at it for not listening to me. Being calm does work wonders once in a while. Yes its the work of an amateur, but a slightly more perservering one now. Unfortunately, these gorgeous shoes are not meant to worn (according to my dear fren) but to stand around and make ppl notice my shoes.
Why was I not informed of this calamity earlier?
I bought shoes I can't wear?
What kinda idiotic notion izzat?
So of course had to prove everyone wrong and wear it out, and a idiot stranger actually came up to me and said
"Why do u look so uneasy walking? Girls should be able to walk in heels gracefully."
ok here's the response buddy oh so smarty pants, U TRY WALKIN IN HEELS GRACEFULLY. Men, what do they know? Well except how to be rude assholes, no one asked for your damn opinion. Go bug someone else. Hmmph.
Till then I will continue to think up ways where I can wear these damn shoes without killing what's left of my feet.