Well it's been a while, I've had plenty to say but I keep forgetting.
firstly, i finally caught
IN AMERICA awesome movie. it reminded me of the incredible beauty of the birth of life and loss of life. The very essence of life itself. the kids were awesome actors.
den i caught
HITCH, which was ok. not all that its hyped up to be. predictable funny coz they showed almost everything in the trailer except the precipitation part. dat was funny.
yest picked up my dear ol' fren from the airport. welcome back from the UK. real nice to see her back again.
now on to an issue,
Now I haven't been a big fan of the casino being built in Singapore. Actually I'm outright against it. However, it has come to my attention that Singapore has a severely low crime rate, so low that our well respected and honorable policemen are perhaps a little bored as they no longer have anything to contribute to this thriving society.
I wanted to blog about this earlier but I keep forgetting.
Ladies & Gents
BEWARE the honored policemen who catch for
*gasp, shock horror of all horrors*
JAYWALKING
yes , that's right. That's what they have been reduced to. Now if we just had that casino, policemen will go back to doing what they do best, butt out of ordinary people's lives who are busy and are being impeded by idiotic traffic lights that aren't efficient enough to tell when there are no vehicles on the street.
Recently my mom told me there were PLAINCLOTHES policemen catching poor unsuspecting souls jaywalking to the mall situated very near us. Wow undercover policemen, how they treasure our safety.
Even more recently, I was crossing the road to school and I saw two fully uniformed policemen looking all serious and writing people's names against their I/C on a crappy piece of paper (hey at least get sth that lives up to your uniform) so of coz I figured that these twiddledums are catching people for jaywalking or sth, u KNOW its illegal ppl keep your feet legal.
I get back to class and these wonderfully civic minded uniformed men have slapped have my classmates with either warning letters or fines. And get this the girls got away with a warning letter but the guys had to pay the fine. Oh the blemishes on one's record. Such misery beckons.
Now here's my take on this, having had low crime rate for so long they no longer have anything to do so they collect the miserable 20 bucks from unsuspecting pedestrians (also a lil bit fool like if u see fully uniformed policemen behave urself!!) to buy a nice pool table and enjoy themselves in their air-conditioned office away from the rest of us ordinary citizens.
As you can see, I dun have a particular liking for Singaporean policemen, though I know a few of them personally. Civil servants annoy me. Mere puppets for the powers of those up above (no religious insinuation here). Bleah.
When's that damn casino gonna save us poor pedestrians from donating more to the POOL tables for these poor, honorable men who come to our aid in a dash or more like tend to give us sneers for no reason other than they are wearing that damn uniform.