music: Sugar (Gimme Some) Trick Daddy Feat. Ludacris--> puts ya in da mood, not just for shaking that ass either *winks*
Well I've been attempting to keep myself busy the past few days.
Watched
RAY oscar nominated, winning movie. in numerous categories I think.
I only rented it by accident, coz it didn't seem particularly interesting as we all know the oscars
are a horrible measure of movies and are completely political. But *gasp, shock horror*
Ray surprised me. The tale was told magnificently essentially telling us two stories, one of his past through the use of flashbacks and another of his current life. I never knew his life was so how shall I put it dramatic? or should it be melodramatic? I figured as my fren mentioned he had a more sedated life.

The next movie I indulged in was the School For Seduction, a real hoot with this "Italian" femme fatale teaching these crude Brits who seem to have lost their feminity in exchange for the daily nuances of life. What the Italian babe does with elegance and sophistication, the Briton women carry out with incredible idiocy! You'll definitely end up wincing, cringin and just simply laughing.
Now for the triumph of the day or week

I haven't read since the last Harry Potter book, so this is considered a big step for me. And I savoured every moment reading it. I loved the blurb coz it enticed me without giving anything away and I juz had to plough through the book even till 4am when I juz had to convince myself to put it down to sleep. It started off brilliantly lighthearted, where this American woman journalist meets this Brit male journalist, and with a whirlwind of events end up married. It shows the very big differences between Americans and Britons in a very humourous manner.
Like how Brits are not arrogant but simply diffident. Or that they have a sense of self deprecation, or the incredible aloofness that Brits are famed for while Americans are more known for being warm, open and loud. I found that very true and perhaps one of the reasons that made London much colder than it already was. The people there simply do not smile. Very different from America. Anyway I digress.
The story took on a completely different tone when the American woman struggles with post-natal depression taking you along the painful journey. Just when you think everything's ok, a complete twist of events like how the husband has suddenly left with her baby when she goes back to the States for a funeral.
Its amazing how everything can be turned against you and used against you. How fragile and vulnerable you become and how alone you realise you really are. But it shows how important a mother's bond with her child is and how the fight to be with her child supercedes everything else.
I believe she puts it best
"As it gathered pace...I found my heart beating faster. I cannot remember a more compulsive book...I am bowled over by the art of the novelist."—Sarah Sands, Daily Telegraph
You end up rooting for the American mother.
Considering its a male author, I'd say he has amazing capacity to write from a female perspective. I'd say you have to read it. Just simply brilliant.