Well well, whoopsie daisy everyone, Valentine's Day is here. I mean really its the day bitter lonely hearts like myself look forward to every damn year.
How can you not adore the day where you see tons of lovey-dovey couples getting huge ass bouquets/ sunflowers/ even pink rosed hair clips (yes i saw this for myself with a very eager puppy dog giving it to a somewhat cynical looking woman, hey its the friggin thot that counts cut the guy some slack) anyway i digress.
We can't miss the economics on this day either. I overheard one very generous woman telling her partner to "not spend money on overpriced flowers under any circumstances" dats one helluva practical woman. Hey I say if she doesn't wan 'em, hand 'em over lady. But hell I'm juz saying.
Not a particular fan of cut flowers. Let me tell ya why. In the United Kingdom, my dad & I spotted this one lone beautiful, fully bloomed red poppy right smack in the middle of a very green & lush meadow. So since itchy fingers are genetic we ran towards to meadow, climbed the fence and plucked that lone gorgeous poppy. Ran back to hand it over to mommy dearest when we actually looked at it. In that one look the euphoria of plucking that gorgeous thing went *swoosh* out the window coz it juz wilted and died. Such a short lifespan. And the beauty lost. Never plucked a flower after that. Same goes for bouquets and what not. Much better to appreciate its beauty while its still alive and growing.
While we're on the subject of over-priced flowers I'd like to thank all those who sms-ed a happy vday and then proceeded to rub salt in my numerous wounds by claiming that they were SURE that I had many flowers. Thank you so much for that considering I've never received flowers other den from my very beloved friends b4. *blows nose*
But then I start to reminisce. How many of you remember receiving flowers in your junior college/ mixed school days where all the guys in your class shared to buy each of the gals flowers? Man dat was mighty sweet of 'em.
Den nostalgia sets in with the reminder of those good ol' secondary school days where everyone bought u a lil' sth. By the time you got back to your desk they were filled with goodies from hersheys ALL KINDSA hersheys, cadburys bla bla...those were the days weren't they? I loved those days.
Of course I scoffed at the dingoes who called Valentine's Day "Frenship" day. its wat bloody SML said in CJ. thank goodness they didn't claim that in my other alma mater. phew. But its juz another way to console us lonely hearts isn't it? At least the day was acknowledged and we got sth outta it. Now its just another day, if you don't step outta ya house. If you do, woe betide you my friends. Woe betide you. All those cheerful couples. I would like to say "gag" at this point but I'm quite delighted for my happily attached frens, so cherish this moment in time you lil twits.
Well for the rest of us we join hands in the lonely hearts club (we need a name change the word heart doesn't suit me very well...kinda nauseating actually) and await while each member slowly leaves me behind. Forget me not, my dear friends.
All that said. Enjoy your day while I wallow in self-pity. Dun bother joining me I have more den enuf self-pity to go around the world and back. So get ya butt out there and enjoy urself.