Well , well ladies & gents I finally caught
Super Size Me yesterday. Been wanting to catch it for a long while.
I found it pretty fascinating. If ya can, grab the dvd and check out the deleted scenes footage called
"smoking fry". Morgan Spurlock the director and writer of the documentary tried to see what would happen if the food decomposed, what will it break down into. The control of the experiment being regular fries & a burger in comparison with burgers & fries from the predator
McDonald's. Now what was fascinating from this experiment is that, the french fries what most of us dearly love, tho personally i prefer Mos Burger's fries bigger & better, did not even show a single sign of decomposition after 10 weeks. Dat is everything else had mold, fungi, gross smell etc...French Fries, Nada, Zilch, Nothing happened. So you begin to wonder, what is it fried it, what is it made of, for it not to even show signs of decomposition. Freaked me out quite a bit, and I don't eat McDonald's that often.
Morgan Spurlock has a long way to go coz he's still very much an amateur, in comparison to Michael Moore, of course. But it really did the job of opening my eyes. Now personally I dun think its of much concern to Singaporeans. Why is it that Singaporeans are so much more petite in comparison to Americans, considering a plate of char kuay teow has more fat & calories den an entire fast food meal? Yea our local food is apparently much more lethal then, american fast food. Considering most of us do not indulge in american fast food all the time, preferring local delights or other kinds of dishes like Japanese/ Mexican/ Indian etc, I think it has less to do with the calories den the actual
PORTIONS of food. If you've had American portions of food , u'd realise that what they have in one meal , we have in either 2 or 3 meals. They eat huge portions, its just plain ol' scary to us Asians. So the way Americans can cut obesity, since a pretty freaky problem there, in my very humble opinion is to simply cut their portions. Plus their culture is to drink lots of soda (aka gassy drinks) since alot of us drink Asian based drinks like Chrysanthemum, Bandung, Green Tea...it actually makes alot of difference. The amount of sugar and caffeine we intake as compared to them.
But again I return to portions as I recall one American in the documentary drank up to 4 gallons (3.8 litres= 1 gallon) of coke/soda a DAY. I tell u the size of that cup scared the fucking shit outta me. I can't fathom how one person can drink so much. He ended up getting his stomach stapled for goodness sake. Another french lady mentioned how the large in France, was the small size in the States. Erm hello? Izzit me or is anyone realizing how greedy Americans are? They actually have this thing called
"Overeaters Anonymous"!! Geez man. I know alot of Singaporeans eat 24/7 but we ain't nearly as fat as those ppl. Now if you know me, u'd know I detest the word
"FAT". esp coz most of my frens think they are fat. check out super size me ppl, ur, the skinniest ppl alive. Americans are apparently jealous of those "slim slender , skinny" ppl. Geez ppl look at how much u gobble down, get a clue already. If those ppl came to Singapore, our buses and our trains wouldn't run anymore.
How can they not worry abt their health? Its horrendous.
How can they continue to live like that without doing something very drastic? I'm quite horrified actually considering, obesity related illnesses, is the number one cause of preventable death in the United States.
Don't blame magazine for showing airbrushed ppl, dats insane, dun blame the fast food chains, or everyone else but urself. Fast to point the finger at someone else and sue.
What abt, drinking water? Exercise? Reducing your portion of food intake?
Crazy man. Its crazy. and ppl quit tellin me ur fat, i feel like punchin u in the face. all of u KNOW ur not fat. better start eating more before u fly in the wind. For those in the normal range n u jolly well know it, quit tellin me ur fat too, makes me wanna smack u senseless. annoys the bloody crap outta me.
now if ur american n u complain ur fat, i tell u go for liposuction, staple ur stomach n eat smaller portions. save urself b4 u die of cardiac arrest! stupid muthafuckers go for quintaple bypasses?! who's heard of that in singapore? INSANE!!!!