The day began in such a ground crashing manner that words fail to describe it adequately.
I've know this family friend for a long time. Our family kinda took theirs in as they were going thru a hard time. We juz sorta accepted them as our own.
This gal, gonna be 26 this year, young vibrant incredibly fit as a fiddle. Smart, incredibly humble, cheery and juz an all rounded sweet, funny amazing person. She studied hard took care of both her brother & father. N was working as a paramedic with plans to upgrade herself and get married in the works.
She had been in a coma for a few weeks due to menigitis, incredibly high fever. She juz got out of the coma a couple of days back or was it yest i'm not too sure.
My heart broke into so many pieces when I saw her. I wasn't prepared for the sight. I fought so hard to hold the tears back. A once cheerful gal, now had her whole body swollen, tied to the bed as she was in fits everytime she's conscious, with tubes stringing her up left right n centre, its too much to bear for ppl who know. i can't imagine how her immediate family feels and what they muz be going thru. She couldn't speak only able to communicate by opening and closing her eyes. I couldn't understand what she meant, whether she could recognize us, how much pain she was going thru...all these thots whizzin thru my mind.
so many times these few years i've come into contact with how fragile life is. u dun realize how short and abrupt it can be. there's a sadness so unbearable within as i try to think of her future. she doesn't deserve this. its too terrible. please let her be ok. please let her not have any brain damage. please God. please.
The fragility of life hit me like a ton of bricks and I haven't yet stood up. I'm still trying to grapple with it.
But I muz say after that I did enjoy CNY visitin very much. the mee hoon kuey (izzat rite?) was amazing babe. thank your mom for me! n i watched the next ep of desperate housewives. thanks again u guys for inviting. i enjoyed myself.
But I say to you all, dun think u might have another chance. try to live every day likes its your last. u never know. life is so unfair, horrible giving us so many tests, throwing us a ton of curveballs. but we find ways to deal with it. sumtimes they aren't very adequate but it does the job.