Well this movie with big names like Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman.
Was pretty thought provoking in my humble opinion. Sth that was continually brought up. Truth. If ya cheated on ya better half, telling the truth is showing you love the person?
I would have agreed earlier on in my life. Now I think that's the stupidest thing to do. Telling the person, it's the guilt that makes u fess up. But you know the truth will hurt the other person. The truth hurts the person you care about. What you dunno won't kill you. It becomes about revenge, causing pain to the person who hurt you. Humans are not as giving as we like to think.
A friend once told me "I miss you" is a selfish thing to say. Coz at the end of the day your thinking about yourself. It made me think. I mean its true isn't it. U miss the person, coz of what the person can do for u at the end of the day.
Even volunteering, donations etc. I mean they are good. But u do it coz it makes u feel good. Isn't it? So its still for your benefit. U get sth outta it.
Why do we hanker after another even tho we have our own?
Why do we want new clothes when we already have lots of 'em?
Why is the forbidden fruit so incredibly tempting?
Why do we continue to leave a trail of destruction behind us, even though we know it hurts others?
So many qns I wish I could answer. Sigh. What a movie. The sequences are quite confusing at first but after a while u get used to the flashbacks n the lies n the constant line that
"telling the truth sets us apart from savages". Does it really? Ppl lie everyday. All the time. So most of us are savages aren't we? Why do we lie anyway?
-To protect ourselves n others from being hurt.
-No trust
So many reasons.
do we ever stop looking?
i mean i dun believe at love at first sight unless u count lust at first sight.
but wen never really stop looking do we?
coz we never stop wanting.
coz there's always the possibility of sth better, bigger, more exciting out there.
or is there?